martes, 30 de octubre de 2007

Athens, GREECE

It is a cosmopolitan and modern city located in Greece, Europe which is marked by each one of the eras that have spent througth the centuries of their existence.
Currency:Euro (EUR)
Language:Greek
City: 772,072 population
If we will travel there we could visit places like these:



- Acropolis: This is a central place of this city cause it shows the thoughts and architecture from the Ancient Greece…. So it`s become in an important place to when we`ll arrive. Here can find: The Partenón, the Temple of the goddess of the wisdom, this built with marble of Pentélico.

-The Plaka neighborhood: It`s a place full of life with their small, narrow streets. It has a lot of stores with typical articles and restaurants of Greek food named taverns. Their houses of style classic, the monuments of the old era that are in all sides.

- Sintagma: It is the main square of Athens and the administrative center of the country, here could find important museums as Benaki, Bizantino, shops, coffees, resorts, commercial centers, etc.

Close from here it’s the hill of Licabeto it is the highest point in the center of Athens, from where we could see the best views in the city and in clear days we could be seem the islands of Salamina and Egina.

But don´t forget us to mention about in the north of Athens they are the Olympic Facilities, remodeled especially for the Olympic Games of 2004.

I chose this city because a friend lives there but he was living in our city some months ago and he told me that his city is very beautiful and I would really love to travel there when I finish my studies.

5 comentarios:

RickPhd dijo...

Nice blog, I like Athens too because it has a lot of tourist places where you can go. So it's nice because the story about "Caballeros del Zodiaco" belongs to this country.

Well Done!!!!!!!!

Thomas Youman dijo...

Hi Danixa,

I agree with you, I want to go to Athens as soon as possible, it is a beautiful place, and as you said, imagine how much history you can learn just by visiting the city.

your writing is very good. Keep participating.

thank you.

JOSE LUIS dijo...

Hi, I think your article is very good, also I think Greece is a great country, this is the cradle of Western culture, the Greek civilization was the most developed in the early centuries before Christ, especially the architecture is the best example of the grandeur that was this country. I would like to know this country some day.

Camila dijo...

I want to go to Greece too. I think you can learn a lot of history just walking. Maybe every people from the class can take a tour to go there.

Vero dijo...

Hi!!!... I think that will be very interesting to go to Greece, you don´t forget to say to me when you think to go to Greece for to go "together" jajaja you understand me....jajaja...