martes, 30 de octubre de 2007

CIEN AÑOS DE SOLEDAD



by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ BIOGRAPHY


He was born on march 6, 1927 in Aracataca, Magdalena, is a Colombian novelist, journalist, editor, publisher, political activist, and recipient of the 1982 Nobel Prize in Literature.
García Márquez has lived mostly in Mexico and Europe and currently spends much of his time in Mexico City.
Novels:
  • In Evil Hour 1962
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude 1967
  • The Autumn of the Patriarch 1975
  • Chronicle of a Death Foretold 1981
  • Love in the Time of Cholera 1985
  • The General in His Labyrinth 1989
  • Of Love and Other Demons 1994
  • Memories of My Melancholy Whores 2004

Journalism:

García Márquez started his career as a reporter and editor for regional newspapers — El Heraldo in Barranquilla and El Universal in Cartagena. It was during this time that he became an active member of the informal group of writers and journalists known as the Barranquilla Group, an association that provided great motivation and inspiration for his literary career. García Márquez then worked as a foreign correspondent in Caracas, Rome, Paris, Barcelona, India, and New York City.

my opinion about the book "cien años de soledad":

Well, when I rode this book was when I was a child and it was the first book of Gabriel Garcia Marquez that I rode... when I rode it, it was very difficult for me because I had a very extensive vocabulary. Well, now I have read many of Gabriel Garcia's novels and I had to read again this book, I finished to read 2 weeks ago and discusses the history of the "buendia" and I love this book because it is very different from the others and create events least expected.
I love the novels of Gabriel Garcia Marquez and above all "cien años de soledad" for his fluency and fertile imagination that the author is describing exactly each character mainly to overall aureliano buendia ... Since we last told all his life to understand the context of the novel

4 comentarios:

Camila dijo...

I read this book when I was a child too and at that time I don’t like it. I think when teachers obey you to read these kind ok books, when you are not going to understand, we only start to hate literature.

Lucy dijo...

I read the book 1 year ago, I was really captivated whit his way of writing, a long story but very interesting.

Anónimo dijo...

I have heard so much about this book, I think it is one of the most read books in Cuenca, but I don't read this book but I hope to do some day

sofilu dijo...

I read this book 5 years ago and i think that is interesting. But i believe that you have to read just if you like to do it.