martes, 30 de octubre de 2007

El Alchemist


By: Paulo Coelho


For me the best book that I had read is The Alchemist, this book was written by Paulo Coelho, a Brazilian writer that born in Rio de Janiero, son of Pedro Queima de Souza an engineer that didn't support his artistic career, inclosed when he was 17 his father had him incame to a mental institution where he endured electroshock therapy, even when he got involucred with a theatre group and started work as a journalist. But he continued with his dream, when he worked by a magazzine when publishing a series of comic strips about freedom, he was imprisoned and later was kidnapper and tortured by paramilitaries. He away from progressive politics and began working as an executive in the music industry.


The book talks about the life of Santiago, a pastor who fought for their dreams, their parents wanted that him became a priest, but he traveled to Egypt in search of a treasure, even when he had a lot of problems and difficulties, He continued with search, Finally he found his treasure also found his love.


This book teaches that you never have to stop of fight for your dreams.

6 comentarios:

Jhois dijo...

Hi Juan Fernando
I think the same as you, we don´t have to abandon our dreams because we can come true. A lot of people told me that this book is very good but i haven´t read it yet. I hope i can read it soon. I think the biography of the book´s author is the same as the book´s story.
Very nice post.

Jhois

ALEXANDRA dijo...

wow the alchemist is one of the best novels that I love!!! this is the first novel of paulo coelho that I rode and I win a prize thanks to this book and this novel was the start of my new life of a "compulsive reader" I love this book apart from "one hundred years of solitude by gabriel garcia marquez" the alchemist is the best! ! ! Good choice

Edgar dijo...

It's a book which tells us that we don't have to abandon our dreams, our goals, because anytime, we can reach it, so, the message of this book is a very good one.

I read this about four years ago, but it was a homework, so I didn't get a lot of attention to it.

lilia dijo...

It´s really. We never have to abandon our dreams. I hope to read this book soon because we always need to find an estimule to reach the objectives that we want.

geovanny dijo...

Paulo Cuelho always is motivating to believe in dreams. he really believe in that, but he had a dream yet when he worked as composer.
I think that really difficult is find my dream.
It is very important be have a dream because this motivates you to continuing

Vero dijo...

Many people told me about this book, now I buy this book, I believe that this book me goes to like very much, I aggree with that we must never leave our dreams.