martes, 23 de octubre de 2007

MACAS


Macas is the capital of the Morona-Santiago province in Ecuadoris in the Amazon Region, is one of the diffrence with Cuenca that is located in the Sierra Region. Macas town is in southeastern Ecuador. It lies on the Upano River along the eastern slopes of the Andes, at an elevation of 3,445 feet (1,050 m). Founded by the Spanish captain José Villanueva Maldonado in the mid-16th century as the city of Sevilla del Oro (“Golden Seville”).

I chose this city because I lived in there by several years, and I think that is a beautifull city and the people are very friendly.


This city there are many touristic places: I loved to visit the main church, and parks, there are big rivers around the city, and another places with a lot of plants and interesting animals

I like the climate, sometimes in there rain a lot, but another times there are a lot of sun.
Cuenca is colder than Macas, and the type of clothes that people use is also different.
Cuenca is more noisy than Macas, for this reason If you want more relax and evoy the estressfull of the city, I think that Macas is a nice city to visit.


There are not big comercial places such a comercial centers, but has a variety of littles stores were you can buy some handycrafts.
The food of this city is really delicious. one of the tipycal dishes is the "Ayampaco", and most of people drink an herbal plant called guayusa.


The differences betwen those cities are that Macas is more little than Cuenca, and the population is more shorter.
The climate is very different. Macas is warmer than Cuenca.
In Macas there are more vegetation. In Cuenca there are more buildings

Cuenca is visited for many people of another countries. In Macas a short amount of people of another countries visit it.

Well I think that a trouble is the distance betwen Macas and Cuenca because Macas is far. I arrive to Macas about 9 hours since Cuenca.









4 comentarios:

Edgar dijo...

The way you describe Macas is good, I 've never been there before, but reading you article I think would be cool go over there and visit it.

In the Oriental Region I Know Puyo and Gualaquiza, I supossed the weather is the same in those places than Macas.

lilia dijo...

Hi Vanesa
I don´t Know any city of Orient but your description of Macas is very interesting and estimulate me to go there in the future.

Vero dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
Vero dijo...

I'M AGREE WITH YOU VANE!!!... MACAS IS A BEAUTIFUL CITY, THERE AREN'T BIG SHOPPINGS, BUT YOU CAN ENJOY WITH ALL NATURE THAT YOU CAN SEE THERE... IT IS WONDERFUL, THE ATMOSPHERE IS RELAXING.. YOU CAN FIND A LOT OF PEACE.. WELL IF YOU LIKE THE NATURE AND ANIMALS.. IT IS PERFECT FOR YOU!!!!!